Published On:March 5 2013
Story Viewed 3256 Times
Paradeep Refinery Project likely to be completed in November 2013
The Minister of State for Petroleum & Natural Gas Smt. Panabaaka Lakshmi informed the Lok Sabha in a written reply today that Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is setting up a 15 MMTPA grassroot Refinery at Paradip in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha, which is at advanced stage of construction. Outlook of completion of the project is November, 2013. 'The IOCL has informed that construction of the Paradip Refinery has generated employment for about ten thousand skilled and unskilled people of nearby areas thereby impacting their social and economic life', the Minister added.
She explained that IOCL has taken various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) works in the surrounding areas to improve the quality of the local people. Some of them are:
- Installation of Deep bore well hand pumps for drinking water.
- Illuminations of Village roads.
- Health services through periodical medical camps.
- Construction/improvements of village roads.
- Construction of class rooms, supply of education kits / lab equipments and computers to village schools.
- Coaching/Training in sewing & tailoring and local handicrafts & free supply of sewing machines to the trained girls.
- Construction of Cyclone Centers (Multi Purpose halls).
- Medicines to the District Red Cross Society for the benefit of BPL families.
Smt. Lakshmi also said, the amount spent by IOCL, during last three years for developmental activities in the villages surrounding Paradip Refinery is as under: